Currently there are many myths and doubts about gluten, especially if its use is beneficial to health or if it generates allergies and intolerances. There are also claims and speculations about whether or not gluten causes weight gain and if cutting out gluten will help you to lose weight. The truth is that cutting out some foods that contain gluten will help you lose weight because they are high in calories, not because they contain gluten. There are many healthy foods that contain gluten. Losing weight is easier done with diet pills like the ones discussed in phenq reviews. Gluten shouldn’t be the answer to weight loss problems. Here we give you the five pros and cons of consuming this protein.
What helps us?
1. Improves the quality and elasticity of the masses. Is used in bakeries and bakeries, to give volume to the products.
2. It is easy to digest. Helps people suffering from constipation
3. People thin when protein is combined with a proper and balanced diet, because it has no carbohydrates
4. Contains a low level of starch – lower than other proteins
5. Provides a minimum of calories in its simple form
Know the disadvantages
As all food, if it is consumed in excess, can generate the following consequences to the body:
1. Combining gluten with products full of sugars increases your caloric intake
2. Reduces fiber in breads if used in large quantities
3. It adheres in the intestines and does not allow the adequate absorption of the nutrients
4. It generates intolerance to its compounds, especially those who suffer from celiac disease, because it causes damage to the mucosa of the small intestine.
5. Not recommended for people with dermatitis herpetiformis
What is gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in the seed of many cereals combined with starch. It is composed of gliadin and glutamine. It is responsible for the elasticity of the flour mass, which allows the bread to obtain volume and an elastic and spongy consistency.
Gluten is obtained from wheat flour, rye, oats, barley or rye. Some cereals free of this protein are: maize, amaranth, sorghum and brown rice. It is regularly used as a meat substitute in vegetarian recipes.
The foods most commonly containing gluten are bread, cakes, biscuits, pastries, milkshakes, beer, whiskey, ham, bologna, chorizo, sausage, cheese, ice cream and salted roasted nuts.
Some of the foods listed above can be bad for you in excess, but it is not necessarily as a result of the gluten contained within them. Unless you have celiac disease, the disadvantages of gluten are very unlikely to affect you in any way whatsoever and it is completely health to consume gluten in moderation. If you do notice symptoms such as nausea and bloating after consuming gluten, you might have celiac disease and you should get an official diagnosis from your doctor. For weight loss purposes, read the phenq reviews for more information.